Richard Pelletier is an Investment Adviser Representative, insurance professional, author, and attorney who serves as a Financial Advisor for individual clients, families, and small businesses. Richard develops financial programs and insurance strategies to assist clients in the areas of retirement planning, asset preservation, and long-term care alternatives.
Richard has advised with major organizations, such as National Health Insurance Company and Aetna/US Healthcare, and is affiliated with a wide network of elder law attorneys and certified public accountants. Richard’s eight years of practicing law opened his eyes as to how he could shield his clients from financial hardships due to issues such as the denial of long term care Medicaid benefits, outliving their retirement income, and loss of family assets.
Operating as an independent Financial Advisor, Richard is free to act solely in the best interest of his clients. His dedication to educating his clients and listening to their concerns has put him in demand to provide advice and direction on:
- Developing strategies to increase disposable income
- Maintaining financial independence throughout retirement
- Protecting and preserving hard-earned assets
- Maximizing and properly pinpointing the time to draw Social Security benefits
- Reducing estate taxes and assuring continuity of assets to beneficiaries
Richard is a lifelong resident of Hampden County, and a Cathedral High graduate. His unique perspective on insurance came from his parents who owned a real estate and insurance company in Wilbraham, MA. He attributes his “caregiving personality” to his experience as an administrator of a 200 bed nursing home while obtaining his law degree nights at Western New England University’s School of Law.
Often described as an infrequent golfer, ravenous reader, and political junky, Richard enjoys every moment he has with his 90 year old parents, two adult children, and seven amazing grandchildren.
- Life and Health Insurance Licensed in MA, CT and FL
- Investment Advisor Representative
- Over 30 Years of Experience in Insurance, Estate Planning, Medicare & Medicaid Issues, and Designing Retirement Strategies
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, Membership taken in 1999
- Co-author of two text books: “Tax Strategies for the Highly Compensated” and “Advising Elders in Crisis” published in 2001 by Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education (M.C.L.E.)"
- Guest Speaker on the Topics of Elder Law, Long-term Care, and Retirement Issues
- Former Adjunct Faculty Member - UMass Amherst, and Western New England University, also Lectured at Elms College and Holyoke Community College
- J.D. Law Degree Western New England University’s School of Law, B.S.B.A. Western New England University